I’m not sure if this is a popular opinion or not but I fucking love old ladies. Maybe it’s a gay thing, or maybe it’s just because my life is populated by a lot of strong women over 65 but I think old women are hysterical and a right good time.
Above you will see my Nanna who is in her mid-seventies and recently spent the night out in Liverpool with my Aunt Theresa at a Rod Stewart concert.
Never let it be said that old age keeps you from having a night on the town.
On another night out a few years back my Nan and a couple of Aunts went to see The Three Tenors in Wales and the following exchange occurred:
Aunt 1: I quite like Puccini
Nanna: Mmm, yes.
Aunt 2: I’m not keen. I much prefer Robert De Niro.
Random Stranger Seated Nearby: [Exploding laughter]
These women are literally comedy gold and – like my good friend Sarah Bouchard – exactly the kind of people that deserve a reality show.
Cast of Characters:
1. Nanna: The emotional centre. Generally hysterical. Says “golly daydreams” when impressed.
2. Aunty Theresa: The straight man. Says “friggin hell” a lot.
3. Aunty Veronica: The opinionated one. Makes outlandish statements followed by excessive use of the phrase “end of.”
4. Aunty Angela: The crazy one. Carries a backpack owl as a purse nicknamed “owlie.”
5. Aunty Francis: The “young” one. Doesn’t talk about plastic surgery.
6. Nanna Pam: The “sexy” one. Going on 80 and still flits between three men as well being almost completely deaf and falling over a lot.
I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE AND IT IS A REALITY SHOW ABOUT OLD WOMAN AND IT IS AMAZING!